31 January 2008


Well, it has been a long day that I expect will be longer before it ends. I am sitting in the Red Carpet Club at O'Hare. Why you ask am I here and not with my wonderful wife and daughter? Well, because I was supposed to be on a flight 2 hours ago to Salt Lake City for a National Umpire School that starts tomorrow morning in Orem. I began my day in Frankfurt and thought it would be an easy connection over to SLC. Can we say SNOW!!!! So I am waiting for the next flight becasue the 17:40 flight was canceled. Not to my surprise as it was a United Express and when the weather goes south, so to the Regoinal Jets. I do not know if I will get out tonight or not. I guess sleeping at the Airport is always an option. Not something I want to do or really look forward to. Just have to wait and see.

Oh, I was in Frankfurt to had off UPS Supply Chain Solutions to the new Strategic Partner Manager. It was interesting to be back on a plane for an international trip. This is my first since before Thanksgiving and I was reminded in spades why I wanted to change jobs. Yes, I do miss the excitement but oh, the long flights, the hotel beds, the food (or lack thereof) was a real reminder.

OK, here is my Friday Photo. This picture was taken from the back door of Grandpa and Grandma's house before the pattio was extended and the wall put in. The car on the left was Great Grandpa Hutchings (Nephi). The small building was the "milk house" where they cooled the milk after milking. Love Dad.

No comments: