12 January 2008

The Lord's Hand

It seems the Lord is ALWAYS aware of the current situation of ALL his children, at least that is way it feels as I sit here and eat crackers and leftover tuna fish for dinner at 11:00 at night. As of late (the last six months) I have had a hard time making decisions on any matter greater than what to wear in the morning. I attribute this to the events of six months ago when I made a decision, the most important of my life up to that point. It was a decision that led to the greatest depths of sorrow and a lot of trials. Though I have never doubted the decision I made, the results of it entered into my psyche like a blender on high and mixed everything around. Well, I have made another decision, a decision to set myself free of the last six months, and allow the Lord to open the doors that I need opened to find what I am looking for. It took a lot to make that decision, as I have lost all ability to make decisions of any sizable consequence, but not more than a minute later I found myself resting in the arms of His comfort and confirmation. I had been walking around behind the Provo Temple for an hour as I had planned to go in, but got distracted by a father who seems to always make a great sounding board. Well, when I finally walked out from behind the temple, there were Michelle and Bryce at the culmination of their Friday night date, going to the temple. So we went together. Though we didn't get out until almost 11:00, it was a special time to be with them and feel the joy of knowing that what I have done, and will do, is right.

No comments: