13 January 2008

Nephi

Open your mouths and they shall be filled, and you shall become as Nephi of old...

Yes, that is me. I am now Nephi. It is a good thing I have been lifting weights! He is not an easy man to be! Michelle called me tonight and told me she had a HUGE favor for me: I had to be someone young, strong, large in stature, highly favored of the Lord, born of goodly parents, taught somewhat in all the ways of my father, etc. As she explained to me her needs I thought, "Hey, she needs me to be myself!" However, upon hearing my excited response, she replied with slight laughter in her tone, "No Justin, I need you to be Nephi." Yeah, that didn't pop my bubble or anything. Turns out she is doing a lesson on Nephi next week in her primary class, and Bryce just doesn't quite fit the aforementioned criteria. Okay, so it is only because she wants to lie to them and make them think that Nephi is really in their classroom with them, speaking with them and teaching them. That wouldn't work if it were Bryce, they already know him. So I have been chosen to fill the bill. And what more could Nephi ask for than a good hearty meal to compensate for the time spent in the service of this good sister and her primary class. Yeah, we struck a deal.

Elder Earl C. Tingey told me tonight that I need to get married. They seem to do that a lot in CES firesides. He also said that the primary responsibility to initiate social interaction lies with the male. Not fair. We'll see what tomorrow brings in terms of "new social interaction". I think sometime I am going to get sick of initiating new social interaction and will have to stick with developing currently established relationships. Yeah, sometime.

No comments: