18 January 2008

Mom's Pic Fri


Here is my Pic Fri. This is Great Grandpa May. I chose this picture because January 15 is his birthday (I thought it was the 19th). Anyway, most of you probably haven't thought about him for a long time and some of you probably never have thought about him. As I think about it, many of you probably don't even know him.

Grandpa was what I would call a rugged man. He was a farmer and raised and slaughtered animals. He also raised grain and milked cows.

One of my favorite memories of Grandpa (besides that he cried whenever we prayed) is when he took me into the corn bin--it was actually a dug out that housed fermenting corn that was feed for the animals. He gave me a piece to chew. It was nasty.

Well, thanks for the opportunity to jog many memories in me. I hope you enjoy it, too.

Love you all,

Mom

No comments: