14 January 2008

My Very First Mom Blog

So, finally, after following Justin's instructions to use James' invitation I got my account all set up so I can add my very first blog. What a wonderful way to keep in touch. I have so enjoyed reading everyone's posts. I loved the song from the Hutchings boys this morning.

So, as you probably all know, I have been doing a lot of sitting the last few days and some very painful unsitting. If you don't know, I sprained both of my knees in a freak fall on Friday, but I'm hobbling along now. I even mopped the kitchen floor today, without falling over again. I did discover, actually, that walking backwards is easier and my legs don't cramp up so much.

I truly feel like an old lady and Marquie says I look like an old lady. And, now I sound like an old lady--my first blog being a travail of my health. Maybe it is a sign. As long as I'm travailing health, Grandpa Workman's surgery to open his heart vessel and install a stunt was not successful today. He will be undergoing open heart bypass on January 22. Please keep him in your prayers.

On a lighter note, our house is looking beautiful. I think I just might continue fixing it up and just stay. The realtor said we practically have to give it away and most homes in our market are on the market for about a year. So, I think I'll just enjoy all this work that everyone has done. It is so wonderful to be so nearly clutter free. I told Dad we would not need a storage unit, and he didn't believe me. And, my surroundings are beautiful. The green office is so warm and soothing (and I thought green was a cool color). If I can ever figure out how, I'll post some beautiful pictures of our beautiful home. Better yet, just come see for yourself.

Love you all,

Mom

No comments: