26 August 2009

Us

What are we up to? Nothing quite as fun as all of you, it seems :)

Last week was education week for me, and that was super fun. I signed up to be a volunteer, so I attended classes in the mornings and took my shift in the afternoons. By the time my shift ended at 6:15pm I was done, too exhausted to coerce myself into walking all over campus to any more classes. I got plenty of inquiries about my pregnancy as I stood at my assigned classroom. AND, I officially got my first unwanted belly rub! Haha. It's been something I've been worried about since before I got pregnant - that some random person would come up and grope my belly without asking. I was proud of myself for not freaking out.

Justin has been enjoying his two weeks of a "break." This is what a Justin-style break is: ONLY working full-time. In times like these he wonders what he would do with himself if he always had this much extra time. Who raised this guy?

We're working on completing our birthing class next week. Our teacher is a doula and we've been so grateful to hear so much about how to work through pain without relying on pain meds. If you haven't heard yet, I'm going to be trying a natural birth! Yeah, we'll see how that goes...

I'm getting super excited for my baby shower! We registered at Babies R Us yesterday. I can't believe it's all so soon. My baby shower is in less than a month and my due date is in less than two! Wow, not sure we're ready for this. We're going to be parents.

3 comments:

Mom said...

How fun! I've only attended education week once and I loved it. I also got to attend a seminary conference when I first started teaching seminary. I loved that, too! By the way, it's not MY fault your husband is a work-a-holic...hmmmmm. Who does that leave?

Michelle Packard said...

Jodi, you just make me happy.:) I loved your blog

James said...

I love reading your updates! I enjoyed the Education Week recap on your other blog too! We're so excited for all that's happening for you guys! Now, if Justin would just relax for a minute . . .