01 August 2009

Day Five

And we are done. This has been some of the toughest ten games I have ever done. The level of play, even for fourteen year olds, certainly has been a higher caliber. As I noted last night I was selected to help officiate the semi-final game (Three person mechanics. First base umpire) that ended up being two Utah teams. That was alright because I am from Virginia! :) The tournament was double elimination so the semi-final is the winner of the loosers and the loosers of the winners. Go figure that one out.

Michelle/Bryce and family, Justin/Jodi, Mom/Marquie, Roger and Laura came to support dad. Michelle said it brought back a great many memories. We missed the rest of the family, it would have made the experience complete.

So, dad is now a National Championship Umpire. Kind of like Bishop. Can't take it away. Thank you all for your support both personally and through your comments. It was an incredible experience. I do have some pictures that I will post when I can get them scanned. Love Dad.

2 comments:

James said...

Congratulations to you, National Championship Umpire! I'm so sad we couldn't come enjoy it with you!

Liz said...

Me too! It would have been a blast! Can't wait for the pics. :)