13 August 2009

Here's to you!

I've been pondering a lot today on families, immediate and extended. When my immediate family is not around I have been well loved and taken care of by the Workmans. They have taught me a great deal about how families should be. I've always been close with my immediate family but it has not come so easily with extended. Let me just tell you, blood really does run thick, as they have canned food with me, shared meals with me, and involved me in enjoyable family gatherings. I hope when I am older my nieces and nephews can feel that love and safety with me and my family.
ON the immediate family side, we have had such great opportunities to be with the whole family this summer and I have loved it. I love being in your homes, seeing how you live, how you raise your children, how you teach them and love them. I love eating your food and sharing mine with you. I love building our houses together and going to the park. I love laughing with you and crying with you. I love playing games with you, doing your nails, shopping, fixing cars...whatever! I love it! If I didn't have such a great family as all of you, who would I turn to, who would I share joy with and sorrow. So...Here's to you...a great family, in all of our imperfections I think we're pretty neat!

3 comments:

Heather said...

love you too!

James said...

Well said! Here's to you, little sister! We love you!

Liz said...

This is an amazing family and I am ever grateful to be apart of it--thank you for welcoming me in with open arms!