27 August 2009

Free Cereal

I can't believe I forgot to blog this because it was hilarious!

Last Friday towards the end of our date we decided to head over to Hy-vee to buy supplies for treats--much more fun to make them at home than to go out to get them. We decided to get some fun cereal to make a treat out of and knew that the Malt-O-Meal bags were buy 2 get 1 free, so we thought that was a good deal and decided to do it. But it said that only with a coupon could you do that and that is was something like buy 2 at $2.79 get the third free. Yes, I'm a numbers friek, so I remember everything. But I couldn't find the coupon in the add, so went up to the register and asked her. She couldn't find it either but said she trusted me and would do it. But then the cereal rang up as 2.89 and 2.99 and I asked her about it. She didn't know what to do, so she called her manager. By this point James was thoroughly embarrassed, so I just told her it was find and to just leave it. But she wanted to do it right, so she called him anyway. He came over and she explained the situation. He pulled out his little key cleared the screen and told her to just continue checking us out. We just looked at each other--all three of us--and didn't know what to say. He casually walked away as if he had done nothing strange. The checker recovered and finished checking us out--2 more boxes of cereal for $.99 each. So, we got 2 boxes of cereal and three bags of Malt-O-Meal for exactly $2. Score for us!

1 comment:

James said...

I hope this comes up in your temple recommend interview.