22 August 2009

A Private Blog

What you ask is a "Private Blog"? Well, I will tell you. It is one that contains many wonderful heart filling experiences that can not be shared. How can it contain things that can not be shared you ask? Well let me explain.

I am a father of five, well I really consider it nine wonderful children (Actually eleven with Diana and Sasha). The grandfather of ten, soon to be twelve and the husband of an angel. Being thusly blessed brings a fountain of blessings that strengthen my sole (Michelle's spelling, really soul) and ones that are private to those I share them with.

What I want to share today is the overwhelming love I have for those I hold so dear and the appreciation I have for your willingness to share with your father/husband so many personal, tender and sacred experiences. As I mature I realize more each day many things I could have done or said over the years that would have helped each of those I love, even more. Notice, I do not say regret, for maturing is learning and I am hopeful that I will continue to learn. However, one thing I really do cherish is the ability or maybe willingness we have together to communicate and share our lives with each other. Sometimes the discussions have been painful and uncomfortable, but always joyful in the end, and I count myself as a father/husband very blessed to have been able to share the many discussions and experiences each of us has over the years, and this past two weeks those experiences have continued. Thank you. Love Dad

No comments: