21 August 2009

A day in the life of...

So, here is my uneventful day...(no complaining about boring blogs...cus at least I'm blogging). So this morning my husband woke me up with a kiss and we had prayer, it was a long prayer if I remember right (which I may not) and I stayed awake. Kudos to me. Needless to say I quickly drifted to a beautiful sleep that was not interrupted until a whole hour later by Julie. The house was silent except for her. I opened my eyes and she was staring at me, cute as ever. I must admit I was a little disconcerted. "Why was she out of bed? How was she out of bed? Has she been out of bed for a long time? She could have eaten something and died and I wouldn't have even known." These were my thoughts and so at that point I decided to get my tired self out of bed...it was hard but I persisted and eventually succeeded. I proceeded to clean up last nights dishes (we didn't have time because we had a soccer meeting for Ella), and we all had a lovely slightly unsatisfying but filling breakfast of cereal. If you want to know what a totally awesome and satisfying breakfast would be, biscuits and gravy with hash browns and a fresh bowl of fruit. Yeah, isn't your mouth just watering at the thought of it...mmm. Anyways we all picked up the house and when I say all I mostly just mean me. Of course after much persuasion and threatening of consequences Ella and Daniel did clean their rooms. By that time Julia was getting fussy (cause she had been up for a long time...not really sure how long) and so I put her in bed. Ella and Daniel put a movie on while I got ready to work out. When I woke up a half hour later I walked for two miles on the tread mill while reading my scriptures. I quite enjoyed my work out! Including my nap. Afterward I took a quick shower while the kids played with play dough. By this point I was famished and fixed myself a lovely BLT, which was followed by a not so secret snitch of Nutella on toast. I love food! I then made tuna sandwiches for Ella and Daniel. After lunch I made some quick phone calls for my calling, of course with screaming children in the background. (This phenomenon I will never understand...perfectly happy and quiet before your on the phone and crazy loud and tearful the second you begin talking) Anyway, I then did a little research on who was the cheapest place to take our car to. The research was unsuccessful and so I just took our car to the closest place and walked home with the kids. Of course they whined the whole way...whiners. Now, I'm writing to you and Julia is on her second nap. The day is nearing its end, no word on my car...can't be good, trying to plan a little weekend camping trip (don't think it's really going to happen), and trying to come up with something quick and tasty for dinner (Pizza is my favorite food and it's definitely quick and tasty...we'll see). Mom I finished that book about the Romanov's last night...very late...while everyone else was sleeping...hence my extreme tiredness this morning. Anyway interesting book. Thanks and I love you all.

4 comments:

Michelle Packard said...

Sorry guys...I didn't know this post was going to be so long. Love you.

Heather said...

Um, sounds like a crazy one.

James said...

I love your day! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Mom said...

Way to have time to finish a book! How's the dress?