26 February 2009

New Job

A few weeks ago my supervisor approached me and asked me if I would be willing to take five hours from my classroom-teaching time to work in Development. There has been a large-scale project going for over a year to develop the next generation of the Mandarin TALL (Technology Assisted Language Learning) program...and they have an August deadline. I agreed and had my first five-hour shift this morning. I began designing a grammar lesson using Adobe InDesign. It was an adventure, and after five hours staring at the screen, I started to get a little grasp on the program. It is a steep learning curve. I am excited to be able to use some of the skills I have been developing in the classroom for the last year and a half teaching grammar!

Like Jodi said, last semester is a bit hectic, but wonderful. We couldn't ask for more. We are well taken care of, and we are going to file our taxes today, and hopefully get a little bit of money back to put in savings for China. The government only provides enough money for one person, so we are diligently putting up in store for the times ahead.

Love you all so much!!

No comments: