26 February 2009

MRI

Yep, I has an MRI on my neck Tuesday. We are trying to figure out why I'm not getting better. We are also trying to figure out why my right eye goes blurry after all my physical therapy. Well, we got half an answer. I have a slip disk, (which he is confident he can take care of), and very severe whiplash (even he was surprised). For those of you like me who don't know what happens with whiplash... There is a ligament right behind all the vertebrae in your neck. Mine is super inflamed. Easily visible in the MRI. I also have arthritis in my neck and really no curve in it. He is going to start traction on my neck in about a month to correct the curve. He is confident he can correct it and this will allow the arthritis to heal. We will then retake x-rays in a year, to make sure the curve in my neck has returned.

Now, the eye. I did all my PT sitting yesterday to see if it still aggravated my eye. It didn't. We will do it again net week. If the results are the same, I have to go see an Opthamologist to find out why putting pressure on my eye from their tables is causing blurriness. Apparantaly, this isn't normal.... Hmmmm.

Needless to say, I am not surprised. I also atarted running again last wekk and my knees are killing me. I just can't win. Oh well.

Love you all.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Maybe this car accident was one of those mini blessings Liz talked about. To catch and turn arthritis is a pretty major breakthrough. Good luck with the whiplash. That guy is really gonna wish he didn't hit you.

James said...

I agree with Mom. Bear with patience and all will be well! We love you!

Marquie said...

oh my. i love you too!!! :)