19 February 2010

Food

I think I spoke too soon when I said that food is better here. I've had some really hard experiences lately where I've disappointed everyone - the people treating us to eat and my poor husband who can't understand why I have trouble eating the food here. Well, no matter the trials, I can now add more to my list of new things I've tried.
  • Goose. I first saw it whole, cooked with legs, feet, neck, head, beak and eye balls. Then I watched it be chopped up, with goose liquids spraying with each chop.
  • Clam pudding. With whole, open clam shells in it.
  • Eel. It had eel skin still attached.
  • Thousand-year-old Egg. Not sure why it's called that, but I don't want to know.
I gagged on all but the eel.

4 comments:

Dad said...

Jodi, while i can relate because of my experiences, I have to say, it all sounds really good to me! Keep trying.

James said...

Yeah, I've had goose, but I didn't have to watch it be dismembered. Thousand year old eggs I have seen, and I think rotten eggs are for Templeton and Templeton only. Good luck getting through the time!

Michelle Packard said...

My heart goes out to you...yuck!

Mom said...

Good luck Jodi!