05 February 2010

Aquarium

It is official, I have a really BIG family. Let me explain. We were in a very large elevator at the aquarium yesterday. I was holding David at the time. A man holding a boy about Ethan's age turns to me and says, "Sometimes I wish they were still that young. Sometimes it is just easier to keep track of them." Another lady in the elevator, with one child, was listening in. She turns to me and says, " Are all of these yours?" She then did a quick count. "Five?" I replied with a hardy and happy YES. The first man, who had two boys, said, "Well, we just lost all rights to complain." Thankfully, we had reached our destination and nothing more needed to be said. Yes, it was my first "Are these all yours?". I'm sure there are plenty more in my future.

We loved the aquarium. We timed our driving right going in and out, so as to avoid rush hour. We spent about 5 hours there. I was really glad dinner was in the crockpot when we got home. We will definitely be going again. Except for pooping every 30 minutes or so, David did great. The boys didn't even run off. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

The kids dressed up as penguins and got to run around a penguin habitat.

A perk of our membership is access to the sharks. The kids loved the sawfish one the best. Look it up Michael, you'll love it.

Throughout the day, they bring out various animals for you to observe. They teach you lots of interesting things. This is a Red Footed Tortoise. We learned tortoises only live on land. We also learned they all have 13 bumps on their shells.
These are the seahorses. We wanted to get a picture of the sea dragon, but the tank was to curved. That is a definite must see. It looks like a plant with eyes.
We enjoyed every minute of the aquarium. Here, we are waiting for the water show to start.

2 comments:

Mom said...

What a great thing to do! Congratulations on the "are these all yours" first!

Michelle Packard said...

Man...you do have a big family. Are they really all yours? Hehehe.