13 June 2008

photo friday!

This is me talking to Dad this morning as I prepare my interview today.


What? Interview?  Yes, I'm interviewing today for a position with Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri.  It's at 12:15 CDT, so pray for me, pray for me, pray for me!  In relation to that, but not connected at all, I am resigning my position with Teach for America.  After a week of hard prayer and study, Liz and I have decided that this is not the right direction for us.  We're not sure what is, but we're moving ahead and prayerfully considering our options as we consider what lies ahead.  We'll let you know as soon as we do so you know where the reunion is!  We're still planning for it!  It was a very difficult decision to give up employment entirely, but we're comfortable and confident as we move ahead.  Such is life for us—never  dull moment.  I'm glad everyone survived the tornadic blast of midwestern summer.  We'll all make it through!  

2 comments:

Mom said...

Wow! Not really the blog I expected, but when I asked Dad about your conversation, he said "read his blog". So, I have been checking since last night. Anyway, good luck with the interview. I assume it's a phone interview--or WHERE ARE YOU? If you're home, I bet your wife and family are thrilled. Keep us up to date!

Heather said...

Yeah for you! Good luck and let me know!!! Maybe you still live close enough I can come and play. Sounds fun to me!