12 June 2008

All alone. . .

That is the last thing you expect to hear from a mother of three boys, but even with three boys life is lonely without the one you love.  So, how is life as a single mother of three you might ask?  Well, actually it isn't too bad.  The first day was rough but I didn't get much sleep with sending James off at 4 AM and boys up in the night, so it was my fault.  But then I started something glorious. . . we have a cup with two lines on it.  One says special desert (about halfway up the cup) and the other says "Kung Fu Panda" (near the top).   The goal is to fill the cup with beans to reach those lines, so they can have the reward.  They are working together to meet this goal so as to avoid unnecessary competition . . . the goal is peace.  How do they earn the beans you ask?  When asked to do something they just need to say "yes, I would love to" and do it.  To earn extra beans they say it with a smile.  Also, they can do things without being asked.  Joshua loves the game and has had his pajamas on every night before being asked.  It has been great!  They help with everything and do it with a smile!   Life is great and everyone is happy . . . even if we miss daddy!  

Here is just a fun photo for photo Friday . . . enjoy!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Wow Liz. I truly relate to that being without the one you love bit. However, I have only 1--count again--1 hormonal teenager living with me. She always (almost) tells me yes with varying degrees of believability, but actually getting her to do things is a little more complicated. It is much more peaceful at our home without chemistry, english, calculus.... I do agree. Life is great!