13 June 2008

and the saga continues


Seriously, this is a first. I will elaborate a bit on Marquie's blog. At 12:17 a.m., I hear a bit of what may have been hail. I checked the clock and was relieved to see the time. You see the weather channel told me strong storms through 12:00. I take this very seriously, so I wasn't very worried. Not two minutes later, lightning and then a siren. Luckily, we had our window open (we were melting from lack of a.c.) and had no problem hearing it. We of course glanced outside hten raced upstairs. Collin thought our hour in the basement was a delight! Yes, an hour. Our sirens went of more than once. Sometime after 1:oo, we were able to return to bed. Not before the kids had to have a snack though. We continued in a watch until 2:00, without incident. After research today, I found we had 1 tornado just south of us and 9 just north in Wisconsin. I'm feeling very blessed today. I have lived in this crazy state almost 4 years now and have never had a repeat of last night. This is one crazy year and I expect it isn't over. Since I don't have a picture of our pow wow in the basement, I thought this was pretty. That and it is the only picture on this sad little laptop. Hope you like it. I think it is something Joe designed. He is so cool!!

No comments: