02 April 2008

Sick...

I am here with Jodi, sitting on her couch. She is sick. Not so fun, for either of us, really. I probably have the better end of the deal, though, as I the one who is still healthy. And hey, I got eight hours of sleep last night! How is that for a miracle?! I love Jodi so much! Seven more weeks...

"It is really calming to hold you." That is what I do, I let her hold me.

There are only two weeks left of classes, but it doesn't seem like things are winding down at all. Usually you can get the feeling that things are going to start to wrap up, i.e. there are loads of projects, tests, and stress pummeling you into the ground. For some reason that hasn't seemed to happen yet. Perhaps that is due to the fact that I am already pummeled into the ground with everything else. Sleep...we know that this is a constant problem with me. Here I am again making it a problem. I'm sorry, I just can't help it. I don't know if it is that my priorities are a little off, or if some things are just not as important as others. Sleep has seemed to take a back seat to most everything else. Just gotta make it two more weeks!

You all are wonderful. It is a blessing and a half (and a whole lot more) to have all of you as family. I don't know if there has been any greater gift given that has had such great impact on shaping my life as my family. Soon on to make my own family.

UPDATE:

I have decided that it is time to get my injured shoulder taken care of. For those of you who have not known, I had an accident in November. By accident I mean I was playing intramural soccer and was playing, should we say, aggressive? I wanted the ball, and someone else thought they should get it. We jumped at the same time, and I'm a lot bigger than he, so he LOST. But it was not without consequence as I came down on my arm/shoulder and got a foul. I have had problems with my shoulder ever since. I think we all know the great value of good insurance, and I'm trying to take advantage of the such insurance before I don't have it anymore. Yesterday I went to an orthopedic surgeon, had x-rays taken, and was told that I have distal clavicular something or other. I forgot. Anyway, my clavicle has been rubbing against my scapula and wearing away the end of the clavicle. Yes, it is very painful. Options: 1) Don't lift weights for six months and see if it is going to get better; 2) get steroid shots; 3) have them cut off the end of my clavicle. I have opted of the first. However, that is not the end of the problem as that is just from lifting weights. The original injury is still wonting to be diagnosed. I had a MRI today....never want to do that again! It sounded like a jack-hammer was going all around me for forty minutes. Anyway, I have a whole sleuth of pictures of my shoulder...they look, cool? All is to be updated next week! Love you!

No comments: