26 April 2008

Home at Last!

I am really getting tired of living out of a suitcase but for family, I am willing to do so. I just arrived home (10 minutes) and it is so nice. While in Utah I was able to visit with Grandpa and Grandma Workman. Grandpa is looking good and seems to have good energy levels. Grandma is as cheerful as ever.

Grandma Hutchings on the other hand is not doing well. Her mental acuity is, well, she really doesn't have much at all. We don't carry on conversations, just respond to what she come up with. And let me tell you, she comes up with some really interesting stuff. I guess, what happens is that she hears something and it gets jumbled with everything else in her mind and when it comes out, well, it is interesting. Physically, she has also deteriorated. It is spring and I was told she will at time go out with the "hoe" but for only a few minutes. Larry and Beverly are taking such good care of her. It is really a labor of love that they do for her and all of us.

Photo Phriday, well I was banking on my picture of Justin in the hospital and figuring I was the first in the race, but James, thanks for the encouragement and here is another. Yes, that is me. 1962.

No comments: