18 September 2012

Tuesday memory

Sounds like a fun idea Dad.  I have thought lots lately about our time on the river.  I think how much we would play and explore.  Sadly, we live in a society now that promotes sit on your but theories and less and less go outside.  One of my fondest memories is definitely collecting railroad ties.  Looking back on it, I wonder how the track held together.  We used to love going down that great big hill, (maybe I was just little?) and exploring the ground.  We didn't care what or who lurked there, we just had fun.  I do not recollect if we were supposed to be playing down there...... but I remember it being fun.

There were also of course the trees for climbing, hills of dirt and construction next door, all sorts of fun.  I wonder what we did with all those railroad ties?

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Seems like we used a few to make "steps" from the front of the house to the back on the left side.

And, NO YOU WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYING ON OR NEAR THE RAILROAD TRACKS!

Heather said...

I thought maybe we weren't. Used our discoveries anyway. What good parents!

Justin said...

I loved living there. I remember mostly the trees to climb, and sitting on our propane tank watching the construction next door and getting stung by a bee for the first time. And of course the barges.