25 September 2012

Tuesday Memory - The Chair

I was so thrilled to see the picture of the "generational" chair with three of the fifth generation sitting in it.  I thought I would share how "the chair" came to the Hutchings family. 

The first time I remember seeing "the chair" was in the basement of the Workman home in West Jordan.  I though it was a cool chair and it was comfortable.  If my memory is correct, grandma and grandpa purchased the chair from the family furniture store in Delta.  The chair moved to Provo and then it was time to move on.

It was given to Greg and Jo who enjoyed it for awhile but then decided it no longer fit their family and took it to a garage sale.  We happened to be in Provo at the time, saw the chair and could not  believe they were selling it.  We gave $20 and put it in our trunk.  Yes, the chair and ottoman did fit in our trunk.  Oh, yea, it was the Lincoln. 

From there it followed, or went with us, around the Untied States and I guess really did become a part of our family fixtures before moving on to James and Liz. 

Thank you for taking a farewell picture of a piece of family history.  I guess, it is about 50 years old.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I think this chair may have belonged to my Grandpa and Grandma before it belonged to your Grandpa and Grandma.