14 September 2012

Photo Friday (Birthday Style)

This is the invitation I made last night for the girls' birthday party (address removed).

My birthday present to Vida.

So the girls' birthday party is in a few weeks.  You are all invited :).  But I won't be offended if you don't come.  And for those of you who live in Utah, you will be getting your invitation shortly.  My birthday present to Vida is a name plaque to be placed above her bed.  I meant to have one for her before she was born, and I actually did but it was a different name (for reference, see HERE).  We still have that name plaque because I can't seem to part with it, but it is about time Vida got hers.  It's something we are going to do for each of our children as they are born.  We hand carved Jaime's out of cheap wood that we could afford at the time, and curled copper that we stripped from used electrical cords that we got for free from the Packards (you can see a picture of it HERE).  This one was my first experience using modge podge. I think it turned out cute and am excited to hang it in her room after her birthday!  Thank you to Michelle and Mom for helping me pick out the letters and papers.

And suddenly I just got a little weepy at the fact that I married into such a incredible family.  Thank you for accepting me into your family and for being so wonderful.  I love you guys.

4 comments:

Liz said...

I love it! I'm sorry we will miss the party but know that it will be a great one! And I agree that this is a great family to become a member of. :)

Lynne said...

Jodi! Those letters turned out so cute! Makes me want to do some...I'll have to put some thought into that one. And, it makes me teary that our daughters who married our sons think we are an incredible family. And oh, you add so much to that family. Can't imagine it without any one of you daughters and sons!

Dad said...

Glad to have you a part daughter.

Michelle Packard said...

I LOVE YOU and your letters! So super cute! I am quite positive we will be at the celebration so count us in!