25 September 2012

Memory Tuesday

I was hoping to have a video to go with my memory today, but it hasn't been emailed to me yet.  This last Saturday, we had our first ever ward talent show.  I think they figure since they have a ward music chair, they should use her. (Yah, that is me.)  It was a great success and loads of fun.  The highlight of the evening however, was my family.  No, I am not just saying that, everybody else did.  Joe and the kids did the John Williams tribute.  If Joe hasn't shown you, you tube it.  It was a riot.  Even David was up there singing. 

So, the memory part.  Several people came up to me and commented on the performance.  The one comment that sticks in my mind is, "You guys are like the Vontrap family (probably spelled that wrong).  It reminded me of singing together as a family.  I don't know if that was a comment ever made, but I do remember being referred to as the "MOTAB family". I always loved singing together and have many great memories of doing so.  Who could forget the sociable?  Good times.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

That is something I really miss.

Heather said...

Me too! We should all get together, sing till we are hoarse, then talk forever in strained hoarse like tones.

Dad said...

Such wonderful memories singing together. I think often of our performance in the Socialable.