14 September 2012

Photo Friday

I am loving photo Friday and so are the boys.  I am sure they they are going out of their way on Fridays to make it onto the blog.  They spent almost all of yesterday working on a skit.  They made props, backgrounds, and script.  They did it all.  I had the pleasure of enjoying their show this morning.  Here is a picture of them at the end with some of their props and tons of smiles!   (That is a birthday cake in the middle that they are eating.)




Later today Jacob worked really hard not to have to help clean-up meals.  He was supposed to dry and put away the dishes after breakfast, but he didn't do it and magically disappeared.  I am sure he was just hoping that it would get done by someone else later.  So, while he played during lunch cleanup I asked the boys to not dry and put away any dishes and to leave them for Jacob.  He then had to stay in the kitchen until it was done.  About an hour later he was still in there.  While I was feeding Hyrum he started coming out in different warrior outfits.  He just cracks me up as he is prone to do.  Maybe that is how he gets out of doing things.  Hmmmm. . .  He did finally finish when he couldn't go do what the other boys were doing because they had finished all of their jobs and he hadn't.  I love natural consequences!

So, here are some of his warrior outfits:


He told me that this one is a Japanese warrior.


I know I need to get some more pictures of Hyrum since he will be crawling before I know it.  I'll work on that for next week.  He did get to eat some green beans today.  I may regret that tomorrow, but for now it seems to help fill him up better.  Happy photo Friday to all!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I love your creative boy posts! They sure do make me want to be closer!

Dad said...

Uncle Larry tells the story of the day he had to sit in the kitchen until he ate his oatmeal. Still thinks about it to this day.