02 February 2011

My story

Hey guys. :D
So yesterday was the deadline for BYU Scholarships, and well, yes of course I procrastinated until 9:00 last night. :D The 3 essay questions were the same as they were last time I applied, so I thought, well hey! why not use the same essays? Unfortunately, my previous essays were quite horrible and basically needed a complete do-over. Michelle helped a ton with them, and together we wrote some quite fantastic essays. I just wanted to share with you my biographical sketch, and basically my life story in 298 words. :) I hope you enjoy because it was the most fun I've ever had writing an essay. Especially about myself. (and sorry it is in a different font I have really no idea how to work this thing.)


By Marquie Hutchings
Edited by Michelle Packard

Once upon a time there was a king and queen with four beautiful children when one more showed up three months before she was due; shame on her. They loved and cared for her and despite all the odds, she surpassed the many health challenges and came home two months later on Christmas Eve known as “the miracle baby”. What became of her? Let me tell you.

Along the path to becoming a queen herself she encountered joy, fear, excitement, disappointment, and love. The queen taught her daughter on her own for four years before sending her off to a scary place called high school. Of course every princess needs a challenge to learn and grow to prepare her for the kingdom, so she put on her courageous face with a good attitude and found new friends and began to find herself. She sang the whole way gathering awards and becoming the first in her land to be selected for All-Virginia Chorus and the Virginia Honors Choir. She was lovingly taught the piano and worked to maintain her physique playing softball and tennis. To amuse herself and those around her she landed herself in various theatrical performances. The princess was well respected by everyone who knew her, and her ever-present smile brightened anyone’s day. Her brothers and sisters had moved out to other lands to seek their fortunes, and the young princess was left at home with her aging parents. She thought to herself, “This just won’t do.” So she packed her bags and went far away to B.Y.U. Once again, she put on her courageous face and tackled the zoo. Here she has been working hard to find her niche to serve all people and help them find their happily ever after because dreams do come true.

4 comments:

James said...

That is perhaps one of the best essays I've ever read. And better than that—it's so YOU! Nicely done, little sister!

Joseph Petersen said...

Don't forget about the part of the Suitors (Princes) of far away lands, ie: Illinois and Virginia

Liz said...

I love it! How they turn you down with an essay like that?

Heather said...

My favorite was the aging parent bit. Haha