23 February 2011

Daniel

So Daniel had his five year check up yesterday and received oh so many vaccinations. I still don't know if I love them or hate them, but that is a topic reserved for another day. The Doctor had a few questions for him like "Can you count for me?" Daniels response..."All the way to the end?" The Doctor "yes, all the way to the end."
Daniel "ABCDEFGHIJKLM..." Doctor "Good job with your alphabet, but can you count like one two..." Daniel "Yes...ABCDEFG..." Dad pipes in "No, Daniel like 1 2 3." Daniel Oh...yes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 (he pauses) um...I can go farther do you want me to?" Doctor "NO that was great. Now Daniel do you use a booster seat when you drive?" Daniel "I don't like booster seats." Doctor "Do you buckle your seat belt?" Daniel "Um...Not when we get there. (He says this as if the Doctor were asking a ridiculous question) Ella doesn't buckle her seat belt though because she doesn't like it." Doctor (laughing by now) "Daniel do you wear your helmet when you ride your bike or scooter?" Daniel "My bike has a flat tire." Doctor "Well what about when you ride your scooter." Daniel "Not in the house." Doctor (trying to be creative) What color is your helmet?" Daniel (After pondering a moment) "Red, blue, and black." Bryce starts to laugh (Daniel has a Diego helmet that is green). At this point with a sigh of defeat the doctor laughs "He's going to be quite a politician...he didn't answer a single one of my questions. I'm going to be laughing about this all day." Bryce still laughing assures the doctor that Daniel really does have a helmet, and a booster seat and uses them both. (Most of the time)
If only I could see the thought processes in his head. He so entertains me.
Note: this was all heard second hand by me and is entirely subject to change if Bryce happens to recall it differently.

7 comments:

Liz said...

I just tried asking Jacob similar questions and learned that it is the age. His counting started with 1, 5, 2, 10, . . . . No wonder those two have so much fun when they get together to play! They will definitely have to play when we come next month!!!!

Heather said...

Love it love it love it. Thanks.

Michelle Packard said...

Thanks Liz it makes me feel better.

James said...

This is pretty awesome. I do have to wonder, though, if that's how it really happened. I've heard Bryce tell stories . . .

:)

Michelle Packard said...

touche

Mom said...

So, that's why it's so hard to talk to Daniel on the phone.

Justin said...

That is the best laugh I have had all day. Laughed HARD. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!