19 November 2009

Wisdom Teeth

Just letting you all know that I am getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow! I am NOT looking forward to it. I only have two wisdom teeth (does that mean I'm half as smart as the rest of you?) and while one of them is very ready to make its debut and will be easy to extract, the other is much more shy and will require some extensive digging (shudder). Usually, people are wide awake for wisdom tooth extraction, but I will be sedated for the procedure. The doctor warned that the extra digging at my gums will make me quite swollen. Wooopie!

But, the worst part of it all for me is that Jaime will need to learn to eat from a bottle fast. The doctor said I will need to pump ahead of time (done) and then pump once afterward and throw the milk away because it will be contaminated with drugs. I've only tried to bottle feed Jaime once before and she hated it, absolutely hated it. We're going to practice again tonight with Justin feeding her instead of me, and see if it makes a difference.

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Mom said...

Good luck Jodi! With the baby and with the teeth. Yuck.

James said...

Yes, good luck! They had to knock me out for mine too, and I woke up part way through because they were hacking away at my teeth so hard that it jolted me into consciousness—they had to break them get them out, apparently. Good times. You'll be fine, and so will Jaime.

Justin said...

"Why would he tell me that!?" -Jodi

Marquie said...

yeah. what in the world, James??!

well, I'm glad everything went well for you, Jodi. :)

James said...

Because it's an AWESOME story. That's why. I also walked out of the dentist's office mumbling and punching myself in the face. Like I said, AWESOME story.