04 November 2009

A good day!

It has been a good day, so I just thought I would share! I woke up and ran 3 miles--not my favorite part of the day but good. Then, after breakfast we did our Book of Mormon studies. We started using Discover the Scriptures which I highly recommend! We have been studying the stripling warriors. There is a memory scriptures for most lessons and the one for today was particularly long but good. Well, it is not always the entire scripture but the parts that would have meaning for younger children. Joshua memorized this one that really impressed me . . . "They were exceedingly valiant for courage . . . men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted . . . for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God." Alma 53:20-21 He amazes me!

After scripture study we learned about magnets. We got a great magnet kit from Bright Futures. I love free educational toys! It was fun to feel the pull of the magnets and the boys loved playing with them!

Then, we played a dinosaur version of Monopoly for kids. I really enjoyed it! I would recommend it to all. Simple but fun and doesn't last nearly as long as the adult version.

Then, we ate lunch and did a chapter in Story of the World. We read about Hannibal's march over the alps during the Punic Wars. It is a great story and the boys thought it was awesome. Too bad he lost the war.

After lunch I was finishing up cleanup and realized it was silent. As this is not the norm as you might have guessed, I took a minute to enjoy and saw that Michael and Joshua were quietly reading and Jacob was playing quietly on the couch. It was a beautiful moment.

We then headed off to swimming lessons where both boys are now jumping off the diving board without their flotation belts. Home school swimming lessons are great! And we're making friends with local home school families--it just doesn't get better than this.

After lessons they played with friends outside. They have discovered the art of 'capture the flag.' And well, now we're just playing quietly and getting ready for dinner.

I love the good days!

2 comments:

Mom said...

How smart to record the good days--always to be seen again and again and again--especially on the bad days!

Liz said...

That is exactly why I did it. :)