23 November 2009

A Christmas Carol

If you haven't seen it, consider yourself lucky. It was very well made and very SCARY. I was appalled by the movie. I was even scared at times. I wondered how they could rate a movie like this PG and recommend it so highly for kids. It then dawned on me how likely it was this movie didn't scare lots of kids. I had an interesting talk with Joe about how much kids now are desensitized to the spirit. Yes, it scared my kids. Chloe had no desire to sleep alone tonight. We begged their forgiveness and had a good lesson about inviting the Spirit back in through prayer. So, while our family home evening didn't turn out quite as we had planned, a good lesson was still learned.

2 comments:

Dad said...

I remember years ago Heather when we had a similar learning experience. I think of that often and try to make sure the lesson stays with me. Love You, Dad

Mom said...

Thanks for the warning.