09 November 2009

Money, Money, Money...

Do you ever just feel trapped by your own inability to use self control. We went shopping this weekend...we totally shouldn't have done it...but it was totally fun. The fun is slightly masked by the blaring red that appears on my online banking page, but what do you do...? (Just kidding...I know the answer to that question. I just don't like to admit it.) We have been using an almost impossible cash system. I only say impossible because it's hard. We have only been successful with it one time, but ahhhh it was oh so satisfying when we reached the end of our pay period without using savings...better yet we had almost $100 left. That just doesn't happen. This time we got paid even a little extra and though we had some unforeseen expenses (like baby showers, doctor appointments, physical therapy, new shoes, Christmas presents, date night...all definitely necessities right....or...well...okay...maybe not all necessities...dang) we should have had plenty left over...so depressing. I didn't even fix my bald and bulging tires, change the oil in my car, or fix the oxygen sensors. Ask me if I paid off any debt...um NO! How irresponsible of me.
Let me just tell you however the shiny black twin lanterns from Ikea look awesome on my piano...until I look at them and think "I should take those back. I don't have money for that, but I like them so much. " Are any of you feeling my pain yet...I think we've all been there. Ahhhh (that is me taking a big sigh) Tomorrow is pay day and though I'm feeling bummed about my current inability to live wisely within my means, I am pumping myself up. I will not give up! I will try again. I will spend my cash and my cash only, because even if it's a hard thing I can do hard things...right?!

2 comments:

Mom said...

You make me happy!

Liz said...

We're trying the cash thing for our food budget this month, too.. Well, and I'm not allowed to go shopping, so yes, I completely understand how you feel as I am now banned from the store. :)