13 December 2008

Years Ago

Happy Saturday Morning Family. I know that I missed Photo Phriday but hope you will enjoy this picture from a few years ago. Mom and I graduated from High School in June of 1974. After graduation I went with my mom and dad to San Antonio, Texas to visit Calvin and his family. It was sort of a graduation present for me. Over my years growing up I had the chance to take many trips with mom and dad, you know, being the only one at home. The last one I took was in August of 1974. Dad had meetings in Portland, Oregon. I remember doing all I could to get out of the trip. Just didn't want to deal with it.

Looking back, I am very grateful that I went with them. Dad made arrangements for us to take a fishing trip with Brother Hugey, a man he worked with in SCS. We went Salmon fishing in the Pacific Ocean at the mouth of the Columbia River. It was fun, we caught several salmon and enjoyed them for months to come. In fact, the last one we ate the day of my mission farewell. Here are the proud fishermen.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Dad, you used to have so much style! I'm impressed. And the sideburns? Wow! Big salmon, too. Thanks for the story and picture!