11 July 2008

A memory...

Today we write in memory of Great-Grandma, Grandma, Mother, Mentor, and Friend. Grandma was my friend. We had good times together, as did we all with her. She taught us many great principles. I remember when I was finally taller than her...only to later be twice as tall as her. She would always say that what was most important was how tall I was from the shoulders up. Last week Jodi and I spent a few minutes with Grandma, and she said something that I will always remember, the greatest words of wisdom she has ever spoken to me:  "The important thing is that you call upon the Lord and keep His commandments."  Grandma didn't say much else that was audible that Sunday afternoon, but these words she made effort to say so we could hear, it seemed foremost on her mind as the message she wanted to share before our parting that day.  It is seared in my heart and will never go away.  
 

2 comments:

Marquie said...

i love it.

James said...

Thanks for this, Justin. You know, I also remember the time when I grew past Grandma's height, and her classic rings in my ears as well—"from the shoulders up!"

I posted mine last night too. :)