02 July 2008

Dad Who?


It has been a long while since you have heard from dad in these pages. Life has been fast and furious and at times very stressful. I will take a minute and try to update where mom has not already gone as she has done very well in keeping you posted on our move, or lack thereof.

First, the past month at United. You are all aware from the media that United has gone through a “Reduction in Force” and the impact, while not affecting my employment status, has had a deep impact on me. Hours of phone calls, conferences, worksheets, evaluations and so on and so forth. At one point in the process, mom, acting as my sanity safety net, would call every 2-3 hours to just check on me, well, and to tell me what day it was because I really didn’t know. Thank you dear. That is behind us for now. Hopefully for a long time. Bring the price of oil down!

OK, books -- Jodi, I too agree about Angels and Demons and I am looking forward to the movie. However, as a side note, the Catholic Church has banned any filming in European churches. I believe I have read all of Dan Brown's books (lot of air time the past four years) and I like them all. Currently I am working through Tom Clancy. I finally figured out the order and am now going in order of those I have not read. Really should be done that way. Would love to have more of them made into movies, although many have been: Hunt for Red October, Sum of all Fears, Clear and Present Danger and one that escapes me for now. As far as Church reading, my life has been greatly blessed by “Fire in the Covenant” the story of the Martin and Willie Handcart Company and Latter-Day Prophets Speak. The latter is just reference quotes but I have found the source of many quotes that I have heard over the years and didn’t know who made them.

Well, thanks for reading and the pictures, well, they are evidence I really have been to the places I claim to have seen.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Though I have seen those pictures before, I appreciate the update on life. I guess I have never noticed the Olympic sign in the background on the Wall. Let's hope that all goes down okay!