01 June 2009

She Rocked the House




OK, so I am the dad and I will accept the notion that I am partial and prejudiced. That said, so you will understand that what I say is vouched for, I will take my lead from the patrons to the play who said to me such things as: "What a blessing that your daughter moved to our school", "Your daughter is an answer to my prayers", "There was never a question on who would be playing the role of Dorothy", "What an incredible voice", "I could not believe what I heard when she opened her mouth", "She was front and center the whole play and you could feel the part through her. When she was nervous, I got nervous, when she was strong I felt it", "The cast really rallied around her leadership, not just the theatrical but her personal and spiritual leadership as well". OK, you get the message that it is not just a prejudiced dad who is pre-disposed to bragging on his children (OK so I am and I will heartilly admit it), it is that she really did rock the house! She knew not only her lines but those of her fellow cast members and when they missed a line, particularly cue lines, she had it right there and gave the line just as though it were hers and the show went on!

The director asked Marquie to run the last cast meeting as not only the lead and the leader on stage but as noted above, as the leader of the cast. She made it through without the flood gates crumbling away and she did an outstanding job. Thank you Marquie for sharing your talents so well and allowing me to so closely share this experience with you.

4 comments:

Mom said...

I agree 1005! Incredible performances. The show was a joy!

Heather said...

Yeah Marquie. You must bring the dvd to the reunion!

James said...

DVD!!!! I'm so excited! Congratulations, Marquie! I knew this is how it would be!

Melanie said...

So... Ahem! Are you going to put at least a FEW clips of it on here??? Please?! :D