26 June 2009

We Went a Fishin'

I couldn't sleep anymore so I got up and cleaned the house, most of it left from mom and Marquie packing for camp and I have not minded helping with the pick up. Then I decided to catch up on family stuff. I had the blog already hours ago but had problems posting so just started over.

OK, the Photo PHriday picture was taken in August of 1974. Dad had a meeting in Portland, OR and made arrangements for us to go salmon fishing at the mouth of the Columbia River. Interpreted to mean Pacific Ocean! It was a fun trip and the last "family vacation" I had with my parents before my mission and our marriage.

We left Portland in the evening and got what I think was supposed to be a motel somewhere just to get up again at 02:00 to catch the boat out. The boat was about 30 feet long and really "rode" the waves. Dad got sick but I survived without loosing breakfast or lunch. We caught several fish, mostly salmon, but to my knowledge, this in one of the only pictures we took of the trip. And even then, it was not taken until we got home.

As for the watch and shirt. One of my favorite shirts and yes, that is how I wore my watch. Something to do with irrigation and working on machinery. Love you all and the ladies come home tomorrow. YEA!!!

1 comment:

Michelle Packard said...

Dad, that was a great photo and post...and I love the watch...you're looking so trendy.