12 February 2008

Sweet Vacation

I sit here tonight (this morning...technically) munching on some M&Ms left on the counter and contemplate my great future: a week off. I love my missionaries, and I'm sad to part ways with them, knowing full-well that I will not see many of them again; however, it is there time to go! They have endured twelve long weeks, and they have all endured it well. I did too. It is my turn to rest, though I won't do much of that. I will still go into work and observe other teachers, clean my classroom, make plans for the next group of missionaries....you see my picture. The missionaries all took a moment to write down some of their thoughts for me; here is one Sister's comments:

韩老师(this is my name...),
Thanks so much for your example and great teaching. You are truly so in touch with the Spirit. I don't know how many times I had incredible spiritual experiences and insights as a result of your powerfully inviting the Spirit and saying the things I needed to hear. Your faith is incredible and I seriously appreciated your sincerity. You constantly pushed me to be better and grow further. You rely on your Savior in a way unlike anyone I have ever met. Your example is truly incredible. I respect and admire you. Thanks again! I can't wait to get to Taiwan and give them everything I have.

I feel blessed beyond measure and reason to be a guide for these missionaries. I often am amazed at the goodness of Heavenly Father in allowing me to have this job. There is not much greater I could ever do than train the Lord's servants to go out and find His lost sheep. I am grateful to be a conduit for the Spirit and love of Heavenly Father. That is all I want to be: a means by which Father can bless His missionaries. They truly are His disciples. They speak with power and authority and are the means by which countless miracles are wrought. They are the very best this world has to offer. It is humbling to be counted worthy to work among them everyday. Light shines forth from their countenanced as I see the Savior engraven there.

No comments: