23 January 2015

It's Still Friday Here

And I should be in bed!  But I want to share more family pictures.

Somewhere in the 1904 time frame.  This picture of Elder Joseph Nephi Hutchings was taken in England
Back Row:  Deon, Theron, Larry.  Middle Row:  Calvin, Vida, Roger.  Front Row:  Elizabeth, Byron, Nephi.
This is one of the last family pictures that included Elizabeth.  In all of the pictures I have of Nephi he looks so very stern.  However, he was a very gentle man.  Larry tells stories of how Nephi treated his animals so very kind.  I have never heard any stories or comments of Nephi losing his temper at anyone. 

Please do not ask about the border.  I have no idea how I got it on the picture and am too tired to get it off tonight.  My father really appreciated his cars and this 1957 Cadillac was no exception.  I believe this is in 1961 or 1962.  He traded this car in on a 1963 Oldsmobile.  The 1963 was crashed in 1966 and both Theron and Vida dealt with the results of injuries for the remainder of their lives.  They purchased a 1966 Oldsmobile and sold it to Roger and Carol in 1968 when they purchased the 1968 Oldsmobile that became Byron and Lynne's dating car. Look closely at the window.  You will see a circle.  this was a basket that mom had imitation Lilly's in for many years. 



4 comments:

Jodi said...

Love them! Which one is Theron in the middle picture?

Liz said...

My family photos are going to start looking like this with the short momma in the middle!

Dad said...

Liz, Theron, my father, is second from the right in the back row, between Deon and Larry. In the bottom picture he is in the driver's seat.

Dad said...

Sorry Jodi, Got mixed up but the answer is still the same.