23 August 2014

Photo Friday

This has been a busy week!  We started school two weeks ago, so I have been juggling school, work, baby, and preserving the excess from our garden.  I have also tried to find new ways to eat our produce.  We tried eggplant parmesan this week, and it was amazing.  The boys were sick this week, so we enjoyed some sick days giving me some time to can which worked out nicely.
The non-sick boys and I went to the library and came home to this.  These poor guys slept all day.

So sleepy but so cute! 
While the boys slept I canned tomatoes!  I canned 25 quarts in one day.  Wow!  These tomatoes taste amazing and are going to be fabulous all winter long!

I tried my hand at canning beans this year, and I think it went pretty well.  We'll see how they turned out sometime this winter. 

We have been roasting cherry tomatoes every chance we get to freeze tomato sauce.  I think the right one wasn't quite done, but it will still taste great!
We are up to 17 of these beautiful bags of sauce.  Yum!

I finally caved and made zucchini bread.  It was fun to have!

After a busy night of working I managed to get all of the dishes done before heading to bed.  We were out of clean drying towels, so the dishes got to air dry, but the kitchen was clean.  :)

Later this week I cleaned out my baby supplies to ship the things I don't need to Marquie.  Oh, by the way, Marquie it is on its way.  :)  Enjoy!  Hyrum thought it was a great and enjoyed playing with my broken baby monitor.

For some strange reason we are getting tons of rain in August.  Go figure.  But the boys are loving watching the storms from the covered portion of the porch.  I don't understand the sweatshirts since it was almost 80 degrees, but it made them happy.  :)

And while they enjoyed the rain I rearranged the little boys room and made space for both of them.  Ahhhh!
Hyrum has a new big boy bed.  I have been avoiding this for some time, but the time is here.  Here we go!  He didn't nap today, though, we tried.  He seems to be afraid of his new bed, but he is asleep there now for the first night.  I hope it goes well. Simon will join him when I think Hyrum is ready for a little more change. 
 It has been a busy, sick week, but it has been great fun and very productive.

No comments: