16 January 2011

So much, so little time

I am so ridiculous. I still haven't posted Christmas. Ahhhh. I think of it often and tell Mom I will post. I think me posting is now kind of like Mom sending mail. OH CRAP! Before I forget the most important reason for this blog, STOP BUYING DIAPERS AT THE STORE. Did you hear me? I have discovered beautiful amazon mom subscribe and save. Whew, what a mouthful. My diapers and wipes are now delivered to my door within two days for same or less cost than walmart. I think I hear a Hallelujah. I have ordered others things too. I plan to buy most of my household supplies through this site. You set things up to ship automatically every 1, 2, 4, or 6 months. Something like that. Wait, don't panic. You always receive an email prior to processing, in case you want to make a change. Love it! More free time to .... oh that free time thing was funny. I must have slipped into dreamworld temporarily. Forgive me. I also don't go to wally world to buy diapers and come back with way more. I can't seem to find a downside. Yes, it really is that good. Check it out even if you don't have kids in diapers. Yes James, it is amazon mom, but we must look past their inability to recognize a Father's part in the home to save money! Me like saving money. For anyone who has recently purchased such items from the store, I apologize for my snail like reflexes in saving you money. Start now. Save, save, save! Yes, I really do love it that much. You would be amazed what is available and the cost. You know you want to.

Moving on. I AM SO STINKIN TIRED! My goal is to get more than 2 hours consecutive sleep tonight. Ethan had the flu a week ago and now Collin has it. Yep, the FLU. 104+, 7 day, falling apart flu. If that wasn't enough, David still doesn't sleep all night. So, I officially disclaim any stupid things I may do or say until I get some sleep. I figure that pretty much covers me until forever.

School is going awesome. We are doing several classes together this year and it is way more fun. I am amazed what the kids retain. I think I have learned more history in the last week than in all of high school. Too bad that isn't really that big of an achievement. Still, I will take it. I have also gone down the healthy eating path again. I put my family through a 4 day cleanse. Yes, the whole family. No, it wasn't a cleanse to lose weight, just to cleanse. We ate hot cereal every morning. We had fruit for a snack; beans, rice, and a veggie for lunch; whole wheat bread and butter for snack; beans and rice for dinner. Everyone feels so much better. I might have also let them have a glass of eggnog everyday. They needed dairy and a little fat! It has been really fun trying to come up with different dinners. I started by cooking 3 crockpots of various beans. This time I used black beans (cooked separately so they don't turn everything black), pinto, black eyed peas, and small white beans. Stuffed cabbage, enchilada casserole (no cheese and homemade fat free corn tortillas), and bean and cornbread casserole were some of the dinners we enjoyed. All of them were dairy and meat free. They were all also virtually fat free. I love homemade. Joe said he had no idea eating healthy could taste so good. We have decide to have beans in at least one meal every day. We have eaten refried beans and rice for lunch everyday. My kids love it. The beans are the church ones, so the only ingredient is beans. Hmmm. NO, our house does not smell. If you eat beans more than 3 times a week, your body adjusts and doesn't have gas issues. Isn't food storage wonderful. Amazing how those long term storage items are so stinking healthy and good!

I am misspelling almost every other word at this point, I think I shall allow my impending crash. Until Collin wakes to be drugged and sponge bathed again. I love being a mom.

2 comments:

Mom said...

You make me laugh and smile and feel joy! Joy at YOUR journey!!!

James said...

What an adventure. Thanks for catching us up, and I hope everyone feels better soon!