12 January 2011

Musings of a Mother

As if you haven't noticed, so many of my ponderings lately have been about motherhood. Even though this may be caused by the fact that I am a newish mother, I imagine it will be something I will ponder for the rest of my life.

I wrote a piece I dedicate to Jaime, but also to all other mothers. I thought I'd share it with you.

Moments

Her life is sand flowing through my fingers. Grain by grain, I cannot get the moments back.
They come; they go. I see them pass and do not give the time I ought.
I want to cherish every moment forever. Can I capture this breathtaking angel? I think not.
A time must come when I will yearn to remember her this way. A dazzling smile that punctuates every movement and a laugh that delights my soul. I feel it will be easy for the impressions she makes on my heart.
But I know I will forget. Time comes so fast and I know I wont get these moments back. The task before me is a simple and devastating one. To love and care for her how I want to remember.

I love you Jaime Lynne and I will always be your mother.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Tears so early in the morning....beautiful, Jodi.

Dad said...

You sure make it hard to see the computer screen! Thank you.

Michelle Packard said...

Wow Jodi...so true. I want to remember everything and it makes me sad to know I will forget. Jaime's a lucky girl to have a mom who loves her so much.