20 January 2011

The Perks of Work

Hello family. Yes I know I'm a horrible updater. Oh well. I still have an hilarious story for you that happened last week at work. Many of you have already heard it, but it's still funny to hear again. :)

I was asked to take someone's shift for a Women's Basketball game last Wednesday. Now, you probably know that women's games are not near as well attended as men's. Well there was an unusually "large" crowd because it was against BYU's rival, the University of Utah.

I was taking tickets like usual, and there weren't many people so I went to the bathroom to warm up my hands because if you didn't know, it's quite COLD here at night. I am standing in the bathroom running water on my hands, and I hear these monkey sounds coming from a stall. ... They don't stop.

Then this little girl, (couldn't have been older than probably 6), popped herself out and started making the sounds at me... so I made them back. Then she made other sounds and I had no idea what to do, so... I laughed in an unsure way (ha...haha...ha.....)... I wasn't sure if she actually talked or what. And she didn't laugh or giggle or anything when I made sounds back and laughed. She just stood there looking at me. It was actually kind of awkward...

Then she said "I never tell anyone I can do that voice. Just you." Not the monkey noises. The other noises. It was SO cute.Well she just kept standing there so I asked her if she needed anything. (We were the only 2 in the bathroom). She said yeah she needed help with her tights. She was wearing a little red Utah cheer leading uniform. Apparently she came in to change her own pull-up and couldn't put her tights back on. So I went over and helped her put them on. And then her pants... and then she told me all about her shoes that she only wears for ballet and when she wears her cheer leading uniform. It was great. As I was helping her out, she was talking to me and said "I like BYU". So I said "me too." (of course!) and she said "yeah, but don't tell my dad or he'll get mad." whaaaat? It was SO funny!!! I also learned all the times when she does wear her pull-up and when she doesn't. She doesn't wear it to school.

So I helped her get soap and wash her hands and she said, "I like you." I was SO flattered. I love it when little kids like me. :) It was so cute! So we walked out of the bathroom and I asked if she needed anything else just to make sure and she was like, "will you walk with me to L?" Apparently she was sitting at Portal L and this was the closest bathroom she could find. ... I was at Portal A. There are bathrooms at almost every portal. Either way, I wasn't going to let her walk back by herself and have something happen to her, so I walked her back and she talked to me the whole time.

"I like BYU but don't tell my dad." That was just about my favorite.

3 comments:

James said...

That is one of the cutest stories I've ever heard. Glad you're making some new fan-friends!

Jodi said...

You are cute. I like you too.

Did you find her family?

Marquie said...

oh! yes. I forgot to add that. woops. We got to Portal L and she just ran RIGHT in. It was so strange. So I'm assuming. :P :)