21 January 2011

Another Perk

I'm deciding to tell you all of the exciting things (minimal) that happen to me at work. Here is one more. It's short, and just goes to show how tactful I am. Anyways.


I'm sure you all know who that is, but if you don't, it is Sister Elaine S. Dalton. She is the Young Women General President. Well, I did meet her. But not formally. Here is the strange/embarrassing story:

I was walking downstairs to clock out after a Basketball game one night. The Event Staff room is on the floor level where all of the special guests/floor seating people enter and exit. Well there was a backup at the elevator. In the elevator hallway were most of those people who bought expensive seats. In the other hallway were mostly event staff workers like myself rushing to get through and check out. Well, there was a lady squished up against the back wall trying to let all these workers get past her. I got to her and the line stopped, so I said "Don't worry, I won't squish you." Yes. that lady was Sister Dalton. I'm so great. Anyways, I couldn't figure out who she was, so I kind of stared at her, because I knew that I knew her, but I couldn't figure it out. I tried not to stare too long, but it was probably just long enough that she could tell I was staring at her. Anyways. then the line started moving and the girl behind me was just as excited as me, and together we remembered her name. Highlight of that game.

2 comments:

James said...

You are too funny. Try not to squish any General officers of the church. :)

Marquie said...

I'll try. I'll try. It's just so difficult sometimes, you know? Just in my excitement I may not be able to contain myself...