15 March 2010

Firsts

Well, folks, tonight I had a first. I tried to lick off one of my freckles. I was eating a dish that had a brownish sauce and thought I had dirtied myself. I've now gone beyond my reoccurring mistaking-freckles-for-bugs-and-swatting-them instances.

Jaime also had a first - her first food. It was by total accident. Justin and I were sharing a food that contained spicy beef and lettuce, and once when he helped me take a bite some lettuce fell on Jaime's mouth. I had just fed her, so she was laying down in my lap. I quickly grabbed at it to pull it away, put it broke into pieces and I couldn't get it all before she had gummed and swallowed some. So, Jaime's first food is officially spicy lettuce. I've been thinking she's ready for food any time now, so tomorrow we'll try some homemade rice cereal :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

What a great parenting lesson. They'll let you know when they're ready:) Keep track of those freckles!

James said...

Jodi, you're awesome! I miss you!