18 October 2009

My Take

Jaime pretty much consumes our energy nowadays. She's cute, hungry, healthy and happy (most of the time)! At our one week appointment she was declared 15th percentile for weight, 70th percentile for height, and 20th percentile for head circumference. So, she's a tall and skinny little girl. This morning Justin and I were marveling at how long and skinny her little legs are. The doctor said that the measurements don't really mean a whole lot at this point, so we'll see where she goes from here.
How is life? Life is tired :). Jaime is sleeping longer and longer at night, which is a big relief to us! Last night she slept for 6 hours straight. We were overjoyed. She's a super breast feeder and pooper (as you've heard). We've officially taken her to one party (but didn't let her out of her carseat), and one trip to campus (but didn't let others hold her). We're trying to be so careful about germs, but I'm getting antsy staying at home all the time.
How am I doing? I'm doing really well, really. I had a rough transition coming home though. My first couple of days home I tried to get too much done around the house, got exhausted, and dealt with some bad postpartum depression. But, I've learned that if I keep myself rested I'm just fine. It's hard for me to feel like I'm not getting much done (other than feeding, changing and napping), but depression is a much worse feeling. I'm super happy with how my body is changing. I'm pretty easy to please though, because I'm just stoked that I'm not the size of a blimp any more :)

1 comment:

Liz said...

Jodi--when I come home from the hospital it is me and baby and that is it. I do nothing else for about one week. You have to take time to recover and I am glad to hear you are figuring that out. Other things will wait. :)