13 October 2009

Coat shopping

Grrrr. That just about sums it up. After going through every coat I have, it was determined they just wouldn't make the winter for April. Of course we shoot to Walmart first. An o.k. coat for $35. I thought surely we could better. Perhaps Kohls or Sears? So, off we went in search of the perfect coat. First stop, Kohls. The leat expensive coat was on sale for $70. ON SALE. I don't think so, being in the incredibly stable financial state we are. On to Sam's club. Only $28 for a London Fog. I am very excited at this point. They don't carry 14 for kids. The ggrrrr now begins. We then ran by Payless in search of boots. These were also very expensive at Kohls. Nothing fits her. Last attempt. Farm and Fleet. Yes, the ever ready country hick store. What do we find? Boots for April and Collin. Also that cursed coat. All for $90. Yes, I think I can be happy with that. I think we are finally ready for winter.

It is going to be 62 on Monday. Figures.

3 comments:

James said...

62. rats. :)

Liz said...

I just put flannel sheets on the beds! It is SO COLD! I'm glad you finally found her a coat. I have been out buying Michael warmer pajamas. You know, warmer than shorts. :)

Justin said...

We opened up our windows today to push some air through the house...beautiful day! All the way up to 63.