03 October 2009

A Few Things and a Promise Fulfilled


1. I was talking to my dad today and he said "You know what I've been thinking about lately?" I said, "What?" He said, "How great your in-laws are." I said, "Yeah, they are." Then he went on to talk about all of you...how my parents-in-law are great, all of Justin's siblings and their spouses are great, how the extended family is great (he's met G & G Workman and the aunts and uncles in Provo). Just thought I should let you all know! He loves you guys. And then perhaps to make me not feel bad he added "Justin didn't do too bad marrying you either." "Thanks, Dad."

2. I spent some time today reading the very beginning blogs on here, the ones where I wasn't quite part of the family yet. My thoughts: people used to blog a whole lot more (okay, so maybe at least half of them were Justin because he was single and lonely). Photo Friday was cool, we should keep that up (remember that it doesn't have to be a picture you took that day, it could be an old picture). Also, as I read Justin's first few blogs about me I was thinking "wow, he was really happy back then..." Then, I realized he's just as happy now, only not in a twitter-pated way.

3. Justin promised you the story of how our lives flipped upside-down in what he called a "weekend" in this post. He never gave you said story. Let me enlighten you on how, in one week, I went from dating another guy to knowing I wanted to marry your brother/son. Yes, we dated before this, but the start up of our second round of dating went like this:
  • Friday: I saw Justin on campus. He asked me to dinner. I said I couldn't. I was dating someone. He asked if I was happy. I said not really.
  • Weekend: I tried to break up with the guy I was dating for about the 4th time, and once again, he convinced me to stay with him.
  • Monday: I didn't see him, but Justin saw me on campus with the other guy and it made him jealous. Then, I saw him and he didn't see me and I longed to be with him, to date him again.
  • Tuesday: I saw Justin again. This time I talked to him about how I had been wanting to get out of the relationship I was in. He talked through it with me, and with his help (he basically told me to say it's over and walk away and not look back), I broke it off a few hours later. Justin swears he didn't have any ulterior motives.
  • Wednesday: We spent time together and held hands.
  • Thursday: We studied in the library and he kissed me on the cheek when we said good night.
  • Friday: Byron came to town and the three of us had dinner - this was the night Aunt Carol died. That night Justin kissed me for the first time and we were an item.
  • Saturday: Justin told me he loved me and wanted to marry me. Woohoo!
  • Sunday: I began the process of praying about it to see if it would be right. I got the answer much sooner than I expected. I knew that day that it was the right thing. Later, I received additional confirmation.
And, the rest is history! It was two years ago this month that I met Justin (again, ironically the same month that you all as a family started praying for him to meet someone).

3 comments:

James said...

I love this blog. Thank you so much for sharing your thought, encouragements and the real story. We are pretty great, aren't we? You know, we like you too! :)

Marquie said...

Aw!! I loved this! Thanks!

Mom said...

Thanks, Jodi! We do love and appreciate you. You are the perfect match for Justin! Also, I agree, we need more blogs! I, too, miss photo fridays. In all our business, let's not forget, It's All About Families!