06 September 2008

Our first week

Mom asked about our first week awhile ago, and now that we've had ours, I'll respond to the request. We began classes on Tuesday. We spent Monday with Bryce and Michelle, helping with the house a bit and just spending time together. That was our last day of freedom. Now I don't feel the load lifting until Christmas time, so believe me, I am looking forward to Christmas.
Books were very expensive. We both have pretty full schedules. Justin has 14 credits and 20 hours of work per week. His Chinese classes this semester are extremely demanding. It is saturday night and he is at the kitchen table studying. I think the most demanding classes he has are his flagship ones. He has to have a rough draft of his final presentation by next week. I'm taking 17 credits and have 20 hours of work per week as well. It's actually not as much as it sounds. One of my 3 credit classes is a kind of paid internship. Some of the work I do for it is just class work, and some is paid. So, I have 14 regular credits, and 3 for an internship that includes paid and unpaid work. I'm TAing again this semester for a new class, and doing the internship as well. So far this week was pretty good. 3 of my classes are experiments, lucky me (one of my Soc classes was simply created by a teacher and this is the trial semester for it, one of my Soc teachers has only taught English before, and my Stats class is the biggest one they've ever offered and they're just hoping it works out). I don't really have a whole lot else, I've only had a few days of class. I like all of my classes, so that's good. Justin will have to post and tell you his take of the week.
Random things: BYU won! Our first game was a breeze, and second game we barely struck down a field goal for a one-point win. We were at grandpa and grandma's today to watch the game, and afterward family came over for hot dogs. Justin works on Saturdays, bummer! Our friends Phil and Summer moved in next door and it's really fun to have friends so close.
I have a running list of Justin Quotes that I keep pinned on the wall. Every once in awhile he'll say something that, when taken out of context, is really funny. Your Justin quote for this week is:

"I would much rather you be addicted to drugs than unhappy."

No comments: