18 September 2008

Den Leader

For some reason no one wants to be a den leader at church.  I think for myself I was avoiding the unknown.  As the Primary president I very quickly delegated scouting to my second counselor and perpetuated my ignorance.  Well, tonight I held my first den meeting.  My boys are honorary members--when it is in your home I think that is appropriate, but they loved it!  We even had a neighborhood boy come and join us.  Look at us doing missionary work!  We baked cookies and discussed the food pyramid.  Yes, I get the irony which we discussed but it was great fun and now I have cookies to take to a sister in the ward who just had a baby!  And yes I told the boys that is what I was doing with the cookies.  Fun, learning, missionary work and service all is one day!  Look at us go!  I think this is going to be great fun!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Liz, you are awesome! What you gonna do when you can't cook?

I saw a cool tool tote that might take a couple of weeks (made from wood)or a bird house. I'm assuming they give you lots of great ideas with your materials. Can't wait to hear about the rest of them.