19 August 2008

Yes, I'm still here....

I sincerely appreciate none of you falling of the face of the earth. I love reading about what goes on in the world of the Hutchings crazies. Life has been its normal soap opera here. I think I let you all know about Joe's current health issues. For an update, the CAT showed us nothing of help in regard to his small intestine. It did however, show us his liver wasn't functioning much. Yes, it is actually starting to get quite laughable. Not to worry..... the doctor thinks we caught it early enough. If he takes 800 I.U. of vitamin E and 1 Gram of vitamin C everyday for the rest of his life, he should be o.k........ Joe started school again tonight blah blah blah. We also started school here again this week. i am really looking forward to this year. We are doing things a little differently, yet very structured. This still allows for my sanity too. I printed reading lists for Kindergarten, 2nd, and 3rd grade from the Chicago public school system. Our library is wonderful at finding all the books we need, somewhere. April is reading a book on Native American legends. She loves it. Yeah! I also found some wonderful workbooks for Geography and Science at Borders. They are called Spectrum and are based on state and national standards. They teach a lesson and have a corresponding worksheet. So far, so good! I love it when they teach themselves! Our one great splurge for the school year was Rosetta Stone. Yes, we are learning Spanish. Not Spain Spanish, Latin American Spanish. Joe is very pleased. He he he!!! They actually have a home school version which allows for tracking and printing of progress reports. April tried the online demo and loved it. It also comes with an accompanying audio learner. (for mp3) They have a six month money back guarantee, why not! Anyway... pretty sure Mom, Dad, and Marquie leaving this week is pretty stinky. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go a little stir crazy while I adjust. If I wake up and decide it just isn't happening, I just go to Moms. That could get a little expensive now..... Wish you the best though guys! Hurray for getting rid of Soni! I know Liz just smiled.... I don't know all the details, but she is gone. You'll have to get one of those crazies to blog an update. I think I've rambled long enough. Love you all. POST!!!

p.s. Jodi, I've been married to him 9 1/2 years and I don't get him either. You just smile, nod, and laugh lots! (refer to previous blog comment)

1 comment:

Justin said...

Thanks for the update! We haveissed hearing from you, but are glad that you are doing well! I really should give you a call sometimes...at leastore often than I do! Love you so much!